__traits(documentation, X)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 19:55:04 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 18 January 2018 at 18:31:28 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> This is how I'd imagine doing something like this. I don't see
> it being a huge pain, just an extra build step.

Yeah, it isn't terrible, but it just seems heavy for something
small like a command line app printing out its options.

> Did you mean not really harmful?

lol yeah.

> But in any case, the idea that comments affect the file you are
> compiling *right now*, and not some other tool-generated file
> makes me very nervous. Comments are supposed to not affect the
> code. Consider that with this feature, the documentation now
> becomes part of the API.

Meh, I see your point, I just don't agree it is that important.
I'm iffy on a lot of the things people do with UFCS and optional
parenthesis/properties and think it is ugly code*, but on the
balance, I still like the feature.

* did you see that SO thing a bit ago about " can if(a == 1 && a
== 2 && a == 3) ever be true"? Ugly code there but impure
properties are useful in other cases.