__traits(documentation, X)

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Thu Jan 18 20:49:25 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 18 January 2018 at 20:35:54 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:

> A further note: Does this need go away when we make the
> compiler a library? Then you can extract the docs all you want
> and manipulate them into whatever you want using a build tool.
>
> -Steve

You can already do this fairly easy with libdparse. No need for a
compiler with semantics here.
Here's a D-Scanner test I wrote a while ago that checks whether
all comments of public symbols have a Params section of all their
parameters and a returns section if they don't return void:

https://github.com/dlang-community/D-Scanner/blob/master/src/analysis/properly_documented_public_functions.d

It's a shame it's only partially enabled on Phobos as there are
many old modules which I had to blacklist initially.