So what is the state of cross-compilation in D?

Rel relmail at rambler.ru
Fri Jan 19 06:53:16 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 17 January 2018 at 12:31:35 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> https://wiki.dlang.org/Build_D_for_Android
> https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_runtime_libraries
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2142#issuecomment-304472412

As far as I understand I will need a C toolchain that
allows cross-compilation to target OS in order to build
runtime libraries, is it correct? Why is D's runtime library
is written in C? I thought that D is pretty much capable to
have runtime libraries written in D, especially after the
introduction of -betterC flag.

I'd like to cross-compile from Windows machine to Linux and
Mac OSX. Where can I get C toolchain that will allow me to
cross-compile D's runtime libraries from Windows to Linux
and Mac OSX?