Dscanner - DCD - Dfix ... Editor support or the lack of it.

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Fri Jan 26 01:16:19 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 25 January 2018 at 21:18:23 UTC, Benny wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 January 2018 at 19:53:39 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>
>> If you write OOP with few templates like often done in C#,
>> Delphi, or more declarative style like Go or C, then DCD works
>> fine. Your frustration probably comes from the fact that
>> popular techniques in D are not supported by DCD: Template
>> Metaprogramming and CTFE.
>
> Maybe there has been a misunderstanding but i am not talking
> about CTFE or Metaprogramming. Basic OOP does not even work.
> And that is after testing D plugins going back a year or more
> with several DMD/Dub releases at the times.

Curious because based on my own experience, a reasonable D
programming style gives reasonable results with DCD. Maybe you
missed how to configure things ? For example in CoEdit, everydays
deps should be registered there:
http://bbasile.github.io/Coedit/widgets_library_manager#description. In addition the dependencies of a DUB  project are automatically handled at level 1 and if already fetched.

I haven't used Delphi (which you mention in your first message)
for a while (2012 last time) but even in this big commercial IDE
there was a dialog where paths for libs had to be registered. And
at this time this dialog was way less friendly than the one i
made for CoEdit!