Shouldn't invalid references like this fail at compile time?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jan 26 01:20:21 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 01:08:10AM +0000, Mike Franklin via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 January 2018 at 09:35:44 UTC, lobo wrote:
>
> > And I'm broken after using D, going back to C++ is awful and Rust
> > just has too much friction to be enjoyable.
>
> Yep, I know exactly what you mean.

Me Too (tm).  After having gotten used to D, working with C/C++ (or just
about any other language, really) is just extremely painful.
Unfortunately, I have no choice because my day job requires C/C++.  D
has officially ruined my life. :-D

Notwithstanding the eloquent discontent that you have just respectfully
expressed at length against my verbal capabilities, I am afraid that I
must unfortunately bring it to your attention that I am, in fact, NOT
verbose.