Shouldn't invalid references like this fail at compile time?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Fri Jan 26 11:36:18 UTC 2018

On Thursday, January 25, 2018 17:20:21 H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 01:08:10AM +0000, Mike Franklin via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 24 January 2018 at 09:35:44 UTC, lobo wrote:
> > > And I'm broken after using D, going back to C++ is awful and Rust
> > > just has too much friction to be enjoyable.
> >
> > Yep, I know exactly what you mean.
>
> Me Too (tm).  After having gotten used to D, working with C/C++ (or just
> about any other language, really) is just extremely painful.
> Unfortunately, I have no choice because my day job requires C/C++.  D
> has officially ruined my life. :-D

Well at least you don't have to program in Java. :)

Unless something has changed in one of the recent versions, you can't even
write a swap function in Java. :|

It's definitely painful to have to program in C++ after programming in D,
but I still find C++ to be more pleasant than the alternatives other than D.

- Jonathan M Davis