Dscanner - DCD - Dfix ... Editor support or the lack of it.

Anonymouse asdf at asdf.net
Fri Jan 26 17:27:17 UTC 2018

On Friday, 26 January 2018 at 16:30:19 UTC, Benny wrote:
> On Friday, 26 January 2018 at 07:08:50 UTC, Johannes Loher
> wrote:
>>
>> Take this all with a grain of salt: I have only tested this on
>> Linux and OS X, I have no clue about the situation on Windows.
>
> In general a lot of plugins tend to work better in POSIX
> systems then Windows. I think its more a issue about Windows
> platform testing.

Just want to pipe in that I run linux and yeah, I can't relate to
any of the OP's grievances, using Visual Studio Code. I installed
serve-d and the D tools on the side from repositories, then a few
clicks for the code-d beta in vscode, and it just works.
Arch/Manjaro.

No real complaints about the features offered either.
Autocomplete can be a bit too eager at times maybe, suggesting
equals_t and various enum members when typing else, recently
unitTest (from ModuleInfo) instead of unittest, etc. Syntax
highlighting points out unbalanced parens, braces and quotes.
Mouseover for documentation works, looking up/peeking at
definitions does too. If I could magically wish for one thing it
would be UFCS support.