The Eve programming language project is winding down

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Jan 27 04:31:39 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 10:26:02PM +0000, Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 January 2018 at 04:13:29 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16227130
>
> http://eve-lang.com/
>
> Not quite the point of the language, but it is funny that it uses D's
> old "compilable HTML"
>
> And from what I saw in their introduction page, the language wasn't
> really that simple either. I like declarative programing, but I just
> wasn't feeling the connection between the declarations.
>
> Maybe it is because I know what a browser has to do, but I don't see
> how binding a DIV to a browser makes anything happen. I also don't
> know what I'm suppose to expect to happen.
>
> And they still didn't eliminate the need to understand working with a
> browser, DIV, what is that, why am I using it in my programming
> language.

As Walter once said:

	I've been around long enough to have seen an endless parade of
	magic new techniques du jour, most of which purport to remove
	the necessity of thought about your programming problem.  In the
	end they wind up contributing one or two pieces to the
	collective wisdom, and fade away in the rearview mirror. --
	Walter Bright

"The number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again."