Dscanner - DCD - Dfix ... Editor support or the lack of it.

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Sun Jan 28 17:51:19 UTC 2018

On Sunday, January 28, 2018 17:32:30 arturg via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Sunday, 28 January 2018 at 16:02:36 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> >> Erm, you do realize that Vim has built-in commands for
> >> navigating nested brackets and parentheses, right? And
> >> automatic bracket closing is just a macro away. You don't even
> >> need a plugin for that.
> >
> > LOL. One of the reasons that I hate python is that I can't hop
> > between braces in it in vim, because it has no braces. It makes
> > jumping from the top of a function to the bottom a lot harder.
> > Even Pascal has begin and end (which I found out that vim
> > understands when I was mucking around with some stuff in Pascal
> > several months ago).
>
> if you set foldmethod=indent in vim  you can navigate to the top
> or bottom of the fold with [z and ]z, or check help fold-commands.

Hmm. Thanks. I'll have to check that out. I haven't done anything with folds
in ages.

Fortunately, I don't have to do anything with python right now though. The
main reason that I used it before was so that I could have cross-platform
scripts at a previous job when I couldn't use D (if it were for use by more
than just me, I couldn't use D, because no one else in my group was doing
anything with D and it wasn't part of our build system) - that and even if I
had to write something Windows-specific, writing it in Python was worlds
better than writing it in batch.

Right now, I'm able to use D for work, so I'm much more likely to just write
scripts in D.

- Jonathan M Davis