How programmers transition between languages

Michael michael at toohuman.io
Mon Jan 29 22:28:35 UTC 2018

On Monday, 29 January 2018 at 03:22:54 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Sunday, 28 January 2018 at 23:09:00 UTC, Michael wrote:
>> by the whole target audience. Rust, on the other hand, seems
>> to be picking up those who have left Go.
>
> I guess some go to Rust after working with Go, but the
> transition matrix linked above suggests that the trend has been
> that people give up on Rust and try out Go then Python... Of
> course, with so little data things are uncertain and can change.

I would hazard a guess that Go is likely the language they settle
on for whatever task required something more low-level like
Rust/Go(/D? =[ ) and that they move to Python for the kinds of
scripting tasks that follow development of something in the
previous languages.