How programmers transition between languages

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 08:32:41 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 28 January 2018 at 00:47:23 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Saturday, 27 January 2018 at 20:15:51 UTC, aberba wrote:
>> There have been several complaints about tools, and certain
>> important stuff missing in the standard library (HTTP/HTTP2,
>> rpc, etc) and no 'official' response or some blog post from
>> them about it (whether they even care).
>
> The community will have to do this.
They are part of the community. I'm not saying Andrei or Walter
should write an http/https2, json,  etc.
  lib. They need to actively help build and grow the
community/workforce that collectively make those things happen.
Or pay someone part-time or full time to do that.

> If Walter and Andrei were interested in it, they'd have been
> working on it long ago. They have way too much to do the way it
> is,
They speak for themselves.

> and as soon as it becomes official, there are rules and rules
> about rules and six levels of bureaucracy.
I did say those things are missing in the standard library but it
doesn't have to be in Phobos to receive upstream support.

There are a list of things developers need to build killer apps
and web services in D. The larger the workforce,  the more likely
we get people to contribute in those areas (theory,  code, tools,
  documentation,  tutorials,  libraries, promotions, solutions,
etc). And those things are equally important in every popular
programming language today to continue to gain wider adoption.