Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Jan 31 08:51:35 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 04:55 +0000, thedeemon via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> > > [...]
> > At best responses would go on Quora, not here. Thanks! -- Andrei
>
> That's a question from 2014. I wonder if anybody would see those
> answers.

But that is the problem with Quora, Stackoverflow, and all similar
sites – and Google, etc. Statements and code fragments made far in the
past become reified as facts hindering  evolution of knowledge because
Google finds them and they are on Quora, Stackoverflow, etc. It is
critically important to address the questions and answers that have
become wrong over time, to ensure people who search for stuff find
things that are true at the time of the search. Old stuff needs
flagging as old and out of date.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200