Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Wed Jan 31 12:34:01 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at 12:03:22 UTC, rjframe wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 10:55:56 +0000, Benny wrote:

[...]

> Anyway, mostly because of your recent posts I'm going to take a
> look at DlangIDE. If we can package a cross-platform
> IDE+compiler+dub as a single download and you're ready to go,
> that might make it easier to give D a try, even if most people
> would later set up something else; at least you'd only deal
> with the problems after you've decided it's worth it.

Yes, would be very good!

And than ad a series of short example programs, to this
one-stop-download,
maybe party from Adam's arsd.

Like:
https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd/blob/master/simpledisplay.d
And the examples from D-Lang Tour.

So you only push a button [try D], and get a running environment
to play around.