Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:45:33 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at 13:54:25 UTC, Jack Stouffer
wrote:
> I've only ever seen people complain about D in this area. Never
> once have I seen someone argue that the existence of PyPy hurts
> Python or gogcc hurts Go.

Well, I've seen that people think that MS C++ is keeping C++ back
because it failed to keep up, so people couldn't write portable
code using the latest features...

PyPy and gogcc doesn't hurt Python and Go because the reference
interpreters/compilers are mature, stable and cannot take more
manpower...

Apples and oranges, does not compare well.