Inline code in the docs - the correct way

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 18:31:34 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at 17:14:56 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> But otherwise, the two are
> equivalent. (In fact, backticks translate directly into $(D
> ...) in the ddoc code. They are just syntactic sugar.)

No, they aren't. The `` is different in several ways including
doing character escaping that macros are incapable of, and it
expands to BACKTICK, not D. Read the comment of mine linked by
the OP. They are intended to be separate, but you are right that
the lighter syntax is getting more attention, much to my chagrin.