Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 20:03:11 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at 10:35:06 UTC, Benny wrote:
> Auto generated libraries where all functions are dumped into
> massive one pagers.

This is why I just forked the documentation (well, I tried to get
it upstream but I think upstream is a brick wall and not worth
trying anymore)

http://dpldocs.info/std.datetime.date

That's still not amazing, but it is a lot easier to navigate and
link.

It also has search: http://dpldocs.info/locate?q=daysInMonth

> No clear function calls:

http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.datetime.date.Date.daysInMonth.html

So I also show that info because it is somewhat important to
understand the contract, but I tried to present it so the name
and position among its parents and siblings is clear.

Of course, I argue part of the problem is I'm sure I'm not the
only one who has decided to just fork rather than try to keep
wrestling with upstream...