D and shared librery

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Mon Jul 2 02:26:45 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 1 July 2018 at 13:53:12 UTC, boolangery wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't find resources on what are actually supported with D
> and shared library.
>

>> I didn't find resources on what are actually supported with D
>> and shared library.

https://dlang.org/articles/dll-linux.html
https://dconf.org/2013/talks/nowak.html

The docs:

https://dlang.org/phobos/core_runtime.html

> I read on some forum that shared library is conflicting with
> garbage collection of the druntime ?

I haven't heard about issues with this.
Also the garbage collection is enabled lazily since 2.080.
Druntime itself can be linked as a shared library too btw.

> I absolutely need shared library due to space constraints (and
> multiple binaries  ),so I need to know if D should be abandoned.

On which OS/architecture do you plan to ship your binaries?
D doesn't have full support for creating Windows DLLs, but
there's active work on this:

https://forum.dlang.org/post/shonvwuauwbhrszysmrz@forum.dlang.org