Weird bugs in DMD 2.81.0

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 19:31:52 UTC 2018

On 7/6/18 10:21 PM, solidstate1991 wrote:
> I'll upload code tomorrow, but here's the premise:
>
> Sometimes elements disappear from associative arrays, causing all sorts
> of errors down the line, mostly access violations.
>
> My engine (PixelPerfectEngine) has a style sheet for its GUI, which
> generates basic values upon construction. This works mostly fine with
> PixelPerfectEditor, however WindowMaker crashes instantly when it needs
> to redraw anything. Both Mago and VS debugger were bit broken (first
> exception came from KernelBase.dll, then it only showed the caller of a
> getter function possibly caused the issue), but I managed to get enough
> information. The AA containing color indexes (ushort[string]) couldn't
> be accessed properly and when I tried the safe get method on it, a lot
> of values couldn't be accessed and later on a dynamic array had issues
> with access violation.
>
> I'm thinking on going back to 2.080.0 until this bug gets fixed.

FYI there have been a lot of recent changes on druntime that have to do
with hashing. It's possible something changed that affects you.

Having code that reproduces the issue would be super-useful. If it's
specifically to do with AA, it should be easily reduced -- just recreate
the AA in a minimal app and show how it's missing data.

-Steve