Safe Memory Management and Ownership.

xray xray at isd.lu
Wed Jul 11 22:59:50 UTC 2018

The message above is repost of :

https://forum.dlang.org/post/pfjotkcazuiuhlvzijih@forum.dlang.org

So I can reply to Chris M. here.

Yes, Chris, I got inspired by Rust :)  But Rust goes too far and
it lowers the productivity. Nevertheless, it demonstrates that we
can make the compiler do a great deal of things regarding MM.
I have also got inspired by how we could make "a better C" and
the main issue in C is that it's easy to get lost in MM
responsibility.

Regarding D, the problem is that if you use the GC, you are in
competition with Go. So it would be vital for D to get rid of the
GC (or at least, make it optional, even with Phobos).

I will go deeper and look at dip25 and dip1000.