Sutter's ISO C++ Trip Report - The best compliment is when someone else steals your ideas....

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jul 12 05:39:49 UTC 2018

On 7/11/2018 6:54 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> Anyway, this is one of the areas where people clearly have different
> philosophies and changing minds is unlikely to happen.

True, but that doesn't mean each philosophy is equally valid. Some ideas are
better than others :-)

BTW, the "fail fast with asserts" is one I was pretty much forced into with DOS
real mode programming, and it has served me well for a very long time. It is
also based on my experience with Boeing engineering philosophy - and that has
resulted in incredibly safe airliners.