Copy Constructor DIP

Luís Marques luis at luismarques.eu
Thu Jul 12 15:42:29 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 12 July 2018 at 15:33:03 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Again: not the charter of this DIP, so you should ask yourself,
> not us, this question.

Look, I understand it can be frustrating to have a concrete
design proposal derailed by a myriad of speculative questions.
But if we suspect that design decision of a DIP might interact
poorly with other plausible future D features, should we not at
least express our concerns and hopes? By the time the other DIPs
come out it might be too late to address the concerns.

In any case, I hope my comments were not too out of bounds of the
discussion. If so, I'm sorry.