REPL semantics

Luís Marques luis at luismarques.eu
Thu Jul 12 22:24:19 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 12 July 2018 at 22:04:39 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> I think the mental model of someone coming from a dynamic
> language would be as if bar is dynamically re-compiled when the
> foo(int x) is entered.

Right. Hopefully there aren't too many weird cases once that is
generalized to other corners of the language. I also never used
REPLs for major development, only for debugging and minor tests,
so I don't have experience with that style of development where
you code everything in the REPL and then save the whole state,
which makes it harder for me to evaluate how important certain
REPL features are.