Copy Constructor DIP

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Jul 14 00:41:37 UTC 2018

On 7/13/18 5:28 PM, Manu wrote:
> As I originally said, my feedback is concrete: specify @implicit, this
> DIP depends on it.

The specification of @implicit is in the DIP in full: a constructor that
takes by reference a qualified typeof(this) and has the @implicit
attribute will be callable implicitly by the compiler. There is no other
meaning of @implicit. That completes the spec of @implicit.

Sadly we got to irreducible positions once again: you and I used
different definitions for common terms like "define", "specify",
"explain", "contribute", and then you use them to ask questions or make
demands, all of which I'm sure you find reasonable. But I am unable to
understand them, let alone take them under advisement when working on
the DIP. (I did understand your reference to the assignment and will
work on that, thanks much.) You will need to forgive me for the scarcity
of my future answers - but believe me I will do my best to derive value
from your feedback.

Andrei