DMD, Vibe.d, and Dub

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Wed Jul 18 16:11:20 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 18 July 2018 at 15:21:29 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-07-18 at 14:20 +0000, Seb via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 18 July 2018 at 12:56:05 UTC, Russel Winder
>> wrote:
>> > [...]
>>
>> You have openssl 1.1 installed, but vibe.d tries to link with
>> openssl 1.0 by default.
>>
>> See
>> https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d#switching-between-openssl-versions
>>
>> tl;dr: use
>>
>> dub --override-config vibe-d:tls/openssl-1.1
>
> I went for the:
>
> dependency "vibe-d:tls" version="*"
> subConfiguration "vibe-d:tls" "openssl-1.1"
>
> in the dub.sdl file. I now have a build.
>
> I believe 1.1 should be the default if available, falling back
> to 1.0, 0.9,…
It would be very useful if dub would be able to check for missing
libs.
It seams stupid, that after successful compilation you get the
linker error.

Even if the needed libs are named different on different systems,
it would be cool to collect the information what is needed in the
dub.sdl/dub.json file.

So directly at the beginning you get a hint what is missing. And
how to fix it,
especially if you use a system like Debian (/Ubuntu)

I ran into the exactly same chain of error messages, fixing them
with the help of others,
and some search, this is not the most convenient experience if
you start with vibe.d.

Regards mt.