opCmp / opEquals do not actually support partial orders

Ivan Kazmenko gassa at mail.ru
Wed Jul 18 22:07:37 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 18 July 2018 at 15:13:24 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 19/07/2018 3:03 AM, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
>>
>> That's by DMD32 on Windows.  (Sorry, my DMD64 broke after
>> upgrading Visual Studio to 2017, and I failed to fix it right
>> now.  Anyway, it's not like x86_64 uses a different set of
>> general purpose floating-point hardware, right?)
>
> Boy do I ever have some bad news for you!
>
> SSE for 64bit and x87 for 32bit, as per run.dlang.org.

Wow, thanks!

As per https://run.dlang.io/, it's fast for float and double, but
slow for reals (which are 80 bits and don't fit into the fancy
instructions you mention).  Unfortunately, it fails to compile
with -m32, but anyway, point taken.

As an aside, learning something new after virtually every post is
why I love the D forum/newsgroup.

Ivan Kazmenko.