DIP 1016--ref T accepts r-values--Community Review Round 1

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 09:03:18 UTC 2018

On Friday, 20 July 2018 at 05:16:53 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This is the feedback thread for the first round of Community
> Review for DIP 1016, "ref T accepts r-values"

I'd prefer a solution which allows one to make an invisible temp
manually without making a new statement or a new symbol name. By
appending something (like .byRef or byRef!long, the latter making
an implicit type conversion) after a rvalue statement. This would
still prevent things like byRefFunction(aVariable.incremented)
when incremented copies the value without the user excepting it.

But If the options are either your solution or the present
situation, yours is still better. Thanks for the effort to make
it... I believe Manu will be pleased.