C's Biggest Mistake on Hacker News

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Mon Jul 23 12:39:24 UTC 2018

On Monday, 23 July 2018 at 11:51:54 UTC, Jim Balter wrote:
> On Sunday, 22 July 2018 at 20:10:27 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 7/21/2018 11:53 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>>> My article C's Biggest Mistake on front page of
>>> https://news.ycombinator.com !
>>
>> Direct link:
>> https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17585357
>
> The responses are not encouraging, but I suppose they're useful
> for sociologists studying fallacious thinking.

In my experience, people never learn, even from the blatantly
obvious, _particularly_ when they're invested in the outdated.
What inevitably happens is the new tech gets good enough to put
them out of business, then they finally pick it up or retire.
Until most system software is written in
D/Go/Rust/Swift/Zig/etc., they will keep mouthing platitudes
about how C is here to stay.