C's Biggest Mistake on Hacker News

Ecstatic Coder ecstatic.coder at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 15:06:16 UTC 2018

On Monday, 23 July 2018 at 11:51:54 UTC, Jim Balter wrote:
> On Sunday, 22 July 2018 at 20:10:27 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 7/21/2018 11:53 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>>> My article C's Biggest Mistake on front page of
>>> https://news.ycombinator.com !
>>
>> Direct link:
>> https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17585357
>
> The responses are not encouraging, but I suppose they're useful
> for sociologists studying fallacious thinking.

I agree.

As I've already said in the past here on this forum, D's way of
managing string/array/slices in the same manner is one of its
biggest advances over C/C++, both in safety and expressivity.

Very simple stuff indeed, but still lightyears ahead of C++,
Java, C#, etc.

And something that REALLY must be integrated into BetterC's
low-level standard library in some way IMHO...