Struct Initialization syntax

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Tue Jul 24 07:29:05 UTC 2018

On 24/07/2018 7:23 PM, Daniel N wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 July 2018 at 03:59:53 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:

>>> +1. And hoping for the latter, seamless consistency.
>>
>> Based upon my DIP that is in the queue for named arguments, it would
>> be trivial for this DIP to make it so a named parameter constructor
>> can override the default behavior and I think that this is the best
>> way forward.
>
> Yes, it makes sense to review the "named arguments" DIP before this one,
> any link?

Mine: https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/126
Yshui's: https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/123

Mine is a lot heavier-weight, and applies to templates parameters as
well as functions. Where as Yshui's is very lightweight compared and
only applies to functions.

Yshui's will occur first I think, but really we should review them
together to decide what sort of approach is best.