Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 flags the DMD installer as malicious!

Radu void at null.pt
Wed Jul 25 09:49:54 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 25 July 2018 at 08:31:05 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 25/07/2018 8:27 PM, Rel wrote:
>> To be exact as a "HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.gen".
>> Few other AV software does the same:
>> https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/0aa364c5cb90630a5757aacc0c3c05a2273f5fdb88e14e2b80d4c19ee5b16d10/detection
>>

>> I think, we should do something about it, at very least report
>> for false-positive to Kaspersky or something.
>
> This is a pretty regular problem for Windows.
> Until we start signing the executables, it will never end.

It is a very simple thing to do. But the foundation hasn't
bothered buying a code signing certificate, even though it is
cheap.

Would be nice to hear why they haven't done this yet, considering
that just the recurring open collective donations could cover
expenses like this.