C's Biggest Mistake on Hacker News

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Thu Jul 26 11:39:28 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 26 July 2018 at 09:55:39 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
> You can choose whatever priorities you prefer for your
> scholarship and funded projects.

I only tried to point out that the SAoC scholarships depend on
proposal ideas by the D community (e.g. through the D wiki) and
encouraging students to submit their applications.
Thus complaining about the D leadership not respecting your
proposal if you didn't even bother to put up a potential proposal
in the D wiki isn't really fair to them.

> Sorry to have showed my disagreement with some of your choices
> and strategies.
>
> That was silly, being a loss of time for both of us, indeed.

Sorry if you misunderstood.
Critics and negative feedback is welcome (!), but if it's just
"they don't follow me", it's hard to put it into actionable items
and make it happen.