Moving druntime into the DMD repository

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 27 13:10:40 UTC 2018

On Friday, 27 July 2018 at 11:03:50 UTC, Seb wrote:
> This a thread to explore whether it would be feasible to do so.
>
> What do you think?
> ------------------

One is a compiler the other is a (optional!) library.
merging the two means forcing druntime onto people who want to
use dmd.

the seperation of the repositories is a good thing, since it
prompt people to think before breaking compatibilty with the
runtime.

Which _should_ not happen often anyhow!

druntime and dmd are seperate things.

> - Has the dmd/druntime split being annoying you too?

The split has never anonyned me. I find it to be helpful in fact.

> - Do you have a better suggestion?

Yes, try to implement features in non-breaking, non
runtime-dependent way.

> - Would this break your workflow in a drastic way?

I'd have to see the effects, to be definite about this, but
likely the answer is yes.