Whence came UFCS?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 14:31:24 UTC 2018

On Friday, 27 July 2018 at 14:12:53 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Friday, 27 July 2018 at 14:09:02 UTC, Simen Kjærås wrote:
>

>> From what I recall, UFCS for arrays were essentially a bug -
>> an unintended side effect of how the properties were
>> implemented. But it's been 15 years, so I can't really trust
>> my memory. :p
>>

> You're not alone! That's how I remember it as well.

This is the earliest thread I could find in the archives, based
solely on searching for "array" in the title. I almost fell down
the rabbit hole reading some of those old threads, as the ones I
did look at tickled my memory. Fortunately, I caught myself in
time.

https://digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/16452.html