[OT] Re: C's Biggest Mistake on Hacker News

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 14:45:19 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 28 July 2018 at 14:09:44 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> On Saturday, 28 July 2018 at 13:55:31 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi

>> Perceptions, expectations, prediction...   an easy read I
>> suggest on the latest trends [1], if someone is interested...

I forgot the link... here it is:
https://www.quantamagazine.org/to-make-sense-of-the-present-brains-may-predict-the-future-20180710

> Yes - it's a competitive advantage, but opportunity often comes
> dressed in work clothes.

Curiosity is the salt of evolution... for example I'm now
intrigued by the Master and His Emissary, I've to read it.

And another curiosity: I studied in the 90 in Milano, what was
your thought on Hayek, von Mises, in those time? Classic
Economics was so boring...

> We're in an era when most people are not used to discomfort and
> have an inordinate distaste for it.  If you're fine with that
> and make decisions as best you can based on objective factors
> (objectivity being something quite different from
> 'evidence-based' because of the drunk/lamppost issue) then
> there is treasure everywhere (to steal Andrey's talk title).
> Opportunities are abundant where people aren't looking because
> they don't want to.

Me and my colleague are pretty different, in the approach to that
kind of stuff...

Maybe I'll post on the Forum a 'Request for D Advocacy', a-la
PostgreSQL, so the community can try to address some of his
concerns about modern D, and lower his discomfort!

:-P

/Paolo