@betterC, @TestBetterC , @betterCTest or @("betterC") to annotate Phobos's unittests?

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 17:19:28 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 29 July 2018 at 14:21:20 UTC, Seb wrote:
> Phobos has recently gotten a primitive way to run betterC tests
> (https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/6640).
>
> Now, it would be really cool if we can annotate existing tests
> with e.g. `@betterCTest` and thus ensure that those tests work
> with -betterC (i.e. extract them and run them with a minimal
> test runner.

I don't really care as long is it contains the text "betterC" to
ensure it's obvious at a glance what it's for.  Does in need to
be in the global namespace, or will it be in a private import?

> At some point we might also want to test whether something runs
> even without any runtime
> (https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/6641), so e.g.
> `@baremetalTest` might be defined too.

I suggest the term "freestanding" over "baremetal", though, if it
still requires the C standard library, it's not really
freestanding, so hopefully this means without the druntime and
without *any* other dependencies.

Mike