Remember the Vasa! by Bjarne Stroustrup

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 08:09:37 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 29 May 2018 at 01:46:47 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> A cautionary tale we should all keep in mind.
>
> http://open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/papers/2018/p0977r0.pdf
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/8mq10v/bjarne_stroustroup_remeber_the_vasa_critique_of/

I don't know if you guys have realized but D is heading towards a
similar direction too. A lot of the language's features are half
baked plus parts of the language are only known well by few
people. Including why certain things work the way they work.

Example will be when to use immutable or const, in or const
(const scope?),...

I'm afraid certain things are been introduced without careful
consideration of how it affects or relates to previous features.
Too many ways of doing same things with sometimes slight
differences doesn't help the language's future.

Too many unfinished masterpieces.