IOS support status

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Thu Jun 7 07:58:19 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 7 June 2018 at 05:58:48 UTC, makedgreatagain wrote:
> The last IOS cross compiler
> https://github.com/smolt/ldc-iphone-dev/releases based on
> 0.17.0-alpha1, which is 3 years old.
>
> I want to ask for suggestion, how can i build a cross  LDC2
> compiler with just betterC function to work.

As you can see, the guy who did a lot of work with getting D
running on iOS and other non-Mac Apple platforms has not been
able to do anything with it for the last year or two.

Looking at his ldc fork, there's not much he had to change to the
compiler by the end:

https://github.com/smolt/ldc/commits/ios

You could try applying those same patches to the latest ldc
release and get it working. If you just want betterC, that's all
you need, though I can't imagine it would take much to get
druntime and Phobos updated too, as he had them both working well
a couple years ago.

We are looking for someone to take over the iOS port, so if you
or someone else is interested, please try it out. You can ask
technical questions of the ldc devs directly in our forum or
github:

https://forum.dlang.org/group/ldc
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/