What's happening with the `in` storage class

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Sun Jun 10 02:40:35 UTC 2018

On 10/06/2018 6:56 AM, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> Some of the things I've seen to be neglected are `shared`, `in`, broken
> import in-variance, tooling, community, compiler brittleness.  The
> results of the dlang survery seem to have been ignored.  Features like
> "tuples", "named parameteers", "interpolated strings" were highest on
> the list but I don't see any call to action.  In fact I see quite a lot
> of resistance.

shared, will be a real pain, W&A are not in the same boat as to what
they want it to do.

in, agreed pain currently, give it time (too recent).

import in-variance, dunno.

dlang survey, its being worked on as far as I'm aware.

tuples needs a DIP, but that'll be a pain to get in and since it can be
done library it can be argued against.

named parameters, we have one DIP in queue (although I consider it
not-ready) and I do have my own which is nearly there[0].

interpolated strings, Yeah we are not gonna get that.

[0] https://github.com/rikkimax/DIPs/blob/named_args/DIPs/DIP1xxx-RC.md