What's happening with the `in` storage class

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Sun Jun 10 08:20:01 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 9 June 2018 at 07:56:08 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> Yes, but the exact mening of scope has never been clear. Plenty
> of folks have made assumptions about what it meant, but it was
> never actually defined. Now that it is defined with DIP 1000,
> it seems like pretty much everyone trying to use it has a hard
> time understanding it at first (at least beyond the really
> simple cases).

I don't think dip1000 changes meaning of scope, it only provides
language rules to check that scoping is honored. I suppose the
problem (which wasn't quite formulated by the way) is with the
code that is correct (honors scoping), but is not compatible with
dip1000 checks. Code that is not correct shouldn't compile really.