Replacing C's memcpy with a D implementation

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 13:39:21 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 10 June 2018 at 13:17:53 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:

> Please make one that guarantee the usage of the corresponding
> backend intrinsic, for example on LLVM.

I tested with ldc and got similar results.  I thought the
implementation in C forwarded to the backend intrinsic.  I think
even LDC links with GCC, and the distribution of GCC is tuned for
a given platform and architecture, so am I not already utilizing
GCC's backend intrinsic.

Also, I'm not trying to find the holy grail of memcpy with this
endeavor.  I just want to find something as good or better than
what the druntime is currently using, but implemented in D.  Even
if it's not optimal, if it's as good as what druntime is
currently using, I want to replace those calls in the runtime
with a D implementation.

Mike