Identifier hierarchy

Basile B. b2.b2.b2.temp.temp at gmx.com
Mon Jun 11 13:55:50 UTC 2018

On Monday, 11 June 2018 at 13:47:41 UTC, Luís Marques wrote:
> On Monday, 11 June 2018 at 13:39:22 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> the FQN is working here but i find the first message a bit
>> confuse. Not sure if this small runnable represents the issue ?
>>

>> ---
>> module runnable;
>>
>> import std.stdio, std.traits;
>>
>> struct foo {  struct bar { static int baz;} }
>>
>> template Test(alias arg)
>> {
>>     pragma(msg, fullyQualifiedName!arg);
>> }
>>
>> void main()
>> {
>>     alias t = Test!(foo.bar.baz); // runnable.foo.bar.baz
>> }
>
> That gets the types foo, bar, baz. I wanted the identifiers.
> Something like this:
>
> struct Parent
> {
>     Son son;
> }
>
> struct Son
> {
>     int value;
> }
>
> void main()
> {
>     Parent parent;
>     alias t = Magic!(parent.son); // t is now parent (not
> Parent)
> }

thanks that's clear now... it's indeed not possible

---
module runnable;

import std.stdio, std.traits;

struct Foo {struct Bar{static int baz;} Bar bar;}
Foo foo;

template Test(alias arg)
{
     // challenge: get "foo.bar.baz" here...
}

void main()
{
     alias t = Test!(foo.bar.baz);
}
---

Maybe something with opDispatch but it sounds complicated at
first glance.