Is this a bug with __traits(derivedMembers)?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 20:33:46 UTC 2018

On 6/12/18 4:19 PM, bauss wrote:
> On Tuesday, 12 June 2018 at 17:24:31 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> I don't know if more doc is necessary. The warning is at its right
>> place IMO.
>
> If they're reserved the compiler should honestly throw a warning at the
> very least.
>
> People should have to read through the docs for warnings.

They are reserved by the language, not necessarily by the compiler. In
other words, druntime could potentially define double-underscore items
without violating the spec. Having to require a compiler change for such
things may be too much.

I didn't know that __traits would ignore them, though, that's pretty
interesting.

-Steve