To the D Foundation Moderators

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Jun 14 20:52:18 UTC 2018

On 6/14/18 11:02 AM, Duser wrote:
> The problem with the D Foundations' new approach to 'moderating' is:
>
> Who does the moderating?

Thanks for asking. Moderation is done by a small leadership group of
which Walter and I are part. I won't name other names for the simple
reason I forgot who the others are.

> Who long does it take?

It's done on a best effort basis. Vladimir created a nice automated
system that only flags a small number of posts for moderation, I'm sure
he'd be glad to share details.

> What exactly are these so called 'moderator' 'filtering', so that others
> cannot see it?
>
> Without complete insight into this new model of moderating posts, then
> this is just a tool for abuse. Anything can be 'moderated'.
>
> In which case, these forums become the D Foundations propaganda machine.

This is not a corporation that needs formal rules lest whatever CEO gets
on board can abuse position. Also, it's not a mission-driven free speech
platform where you have defined rights just by posting. That said, the
sheer notion that Walter or myself would moderate away posts of which
technical content disagree with is ridiculous. If you're trying to put a
political spin on this, please leave this community.

Andrei