D community's view on syntactic sugar

Basile B. b2.b2.b2.temp.temp at gmx.gmx.com.com
Sat Jun 16 07:51:00 UTC 2018

On Friday, 15 June 2018 at 23:04:40 UTC, Sjoerd Nijboer wrote:
> For someone coming from a C# background there is some seemingly
> simple syntactic sugar missing from D.
>
> * The null conditional operator `?.`

Yeah, me too. I have to say that at least D is expressive enough
to allow the safeAccess template, as mentioned before, although
there are several drawbacks: it's in many cases sub-optimal, it's
not autocompletion-friendly at all, it's less distinguishable
from an operator.

But well, really it's nice that it's possible as a template. No
need to harass the language leaders for that.