IOS support status

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Wed Jun 20 05:26:25 UTC 2018

On Monday, 18 June 2018 at 07:02:44 UTC, makedgreatagain wrote:
> On Sunday, 17 June 2018 at 01:50:14 UTC, Uknown wrote:
>> On Saturday, 16 June 2018 at 12:59:48 UTC, makedgreatagain
>>
>> Darwin can generally imply either macOS, tvOS or iOS, as far
>> as I can tell.
>
> Thanks for tips.
>

> @Joakim
>
> I speed the weekend on this and with no good results.
>
> abi-ios is not work with lts master anymore,  because a lot
> code is changed.(not sure how to fix it)

Do you mean ltsmaster or master? There shouldn't be much change
with the former.

> And after cherry pick ios-llvm tls patch to LLVM 37 or 60, none
> of them work. I try fix but not able to made it buildable.
> (base on ldc issue 1081, llvm no need tls patch if I understand
> correct)

The TLS patches shouldn't be needed after llvm 3.8 or so, ie you
should be able to use a stock llvm for iOS:

https://forum.dlang.org/thread/m237o97vf0.fsf@comcast.net

> and make file also break so I has to remove the runtime folder
> to build ldc(not buildable because cpp error).

That makes no sense: there are no C++ files in the runtime, only
C and D. Anyway, if you only care about betterC, you don't want
to build the runtime, so doesn't matter.

My suggestion is that you simply build his working ldc for iOS
project, but with the betterC patch I linked you backported. Once
you're sure that's working, you can try these more advanced
steps. Have you tried that? It's not clear.