IOS support status

makedgreatagain patrick.kh7788 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 07:25:37 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 20 June 2018 at 05:26:25 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Do you mean ltsmaster or master? There shouldn't be much change
> with the former.

master branch.

> The TLS patches shouldn't be needed after llvm 3.8 or so, ie
> you should be able to use a stock llvm for iOS:
>
> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/m237o97vf0.fsf@comcast.net

this is great.

> That makes no sense: there are no C++ files in the runtime,
> only C and D. Anyway, if you only care about betterC, you don't
> want to build the runtime, so doesn't matter.
>
> My suggestion is that you simply build his working ldc for iOS
> project, but with the betterC patch I linked you backported.
> Once you're sure that's working, you can try these more
> advanced steps. Have you tried that? It's not clear.

the origin ldc with your patch is working. but I find it is very
limit betterC support with old version(some code will not work,
and fixed at late dmd/ldc version).

The patched ldc not build because a lot old code Dan Olson write
is not working any more( ldc  cpp interface changed, or llvm cpp
interface changed).  I try to fix but never get it working. (I
patch all 36 files)