gRPC, Better C and D

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Fri Jun 22 18:10:54 UTC 2018

Hi,

the core of gRPC is written in C. I asked the developers whether
they considered rewriting the core with Better C
(https://github.com/grpc/grpc/issues/15786).
They answered that they won't rewrite it with Better C but they
are open for including D into their ecosystem.
They have support for different languages and most of them are
wrappers around the C Core functionality (C++, C#, Objective C,
PHP, Python, Ruby).

As far as I know there is no gRPC wrapper for D at the moment and
if I remember correctly on DConf München there was a speaker
talking about the need of a D wrapper for gRPC.

My idea was to translate the C++
(https://github.com/grpc/grpc/tree/master/src/cpp) coding to D
coding but my C++ knowledge is very limited.

Is someone interested in adding D to gRPC?

Kind regards
André