`update` and `require` properties for AA

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Jun 26 16:49:54 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 04:17:03PM +0000, Timoses via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 June 2018 at 15:51:00 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[...]
> > Seriously, we need to start implementing versioned docs on dlang.org.
[...]
> Doesn't it already offer it?
>
> Here https://dlang.org/spec/hash-map.html
> in the very top right corner you can diverge from master.

Ah, I must have missed that button!

> However it seems a bit bugged that when selecting something else than
> master, it suddenly prints master again, and there is no way to get
> back to master. Looks a bit broken.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to reflect the latest published version of the
> docs there as a default??

Yeah, the default docs should be the latest published version, not git
master.  Most visitors to the website wouldn't be running git master, so
it's a bit strange (and very confusing!) to use that by default. Phobos
docs already have phobos-prerelease/ for git master and phobos/ for the
current release; the language spec pages need to do something similar.

What are you when you run out of Monet? Baroque.