`update` and `require` properties for AA

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Jun 26 17:12:37 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 12:54:11PM -0400, Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> 1. The dlang.org repository is backwards -- master generates the docs
> for the default dlang.org. I've brought this up before, still don't
> understand why we don't use stable for the latest dlang.org.

Probably because we want to keep phobos-prerelease up-to-date with git
master?

The only sane way to do this IMO is to make the dlang.org makefiles
generate multiple versions of the docs, thereby acting as the
authoritative source for all dlang.org pages.  This means released specs
need to be archived separately (e.g., by copying to spec/${version}/*
and linking stuff there).

I just checked the versioned docs with the button on the upper right of
the page... it links to dlang.io, which IMO is a bad idea, not because
of dlang.io itself but because we're basically relying on an external
URL to contain what we assume it might contain.  IMO it's better to keep
all versions of the docs in a single repo (dlang.org) so that things can
be updated/refreshed from a single source, in keeping with SSOT.  Doing
it that way then lets us do things like fix typos in older docs without
unnecessary complications.

> 2. No, the new hash-map methods will not be in 2.081 releasing on July
> 1st, because that merge was more recent than the date 2.081 was
> branched for release (6/17).
[...]

That makes it even the more confusing. :-/

Valentine's Day: an occasion for florists to reach into the wallets of nominal lovers in dire need of being reminded to profess their hypothetical love for their long-forgotten.