`update` and `require` properties for AA

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Tue Jun 26 23:31:45 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 26 June 2018 at 16:54:11 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
>> On 6/26/18 11:51 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>>> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 07:25:09AM +0000, Mike Franklin via
>>> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Seriously, we need to start implementing versioned docs on
>>> dlang.org.
>>
>> We do. But stable right now is in beta, so the docs are going
>> to reflect what will soon be released.
>>
>> What we probably should do is have a "released" branch for the
>> docs. Or just answer the odd question every once in a while on
>> the forums :)
>>

> Oh wait, this is the dlang.org repository.
>
> Yeah, so in answer to a few questions here:
>
> 1. The dlang.org repository is backwards -- master generates
> the docs for the default dlang.org. I've brought this up
> before, still don't understand why we don't use stable for the
> latest dlang.org.

It's actually not so difficult to change, you just need to ping
Vladimir who is in charge of dlang.org's deployment and then we
should set `stable` as default GitHub branch.
As mentioned, stable is already used for the released docs in the
official archives/installer and Martin already does the entire
merging/branching off for dlang.org.

Though I'm pretty sure that if we are going to change this,
people are going to confused and try to make changes to master
and wonder why they don't end up on dlang.org
We typically don't have many changes like this one that have to
be delayed for one version and in this case in the past we simply
tagged the PR as "don't merge before X".

Anyway, if we want to go this route, we probably want to have a
way to preview the upcoming spec on dlang.org (e.g.
spec-prerelease).